I wouldn’t really call myself “lazy” as a general rule of thumb. But you better believe, if I can find a shortcut way to do something and still have it come out halfway decent, then I’m definitely “lazy”!
I usually make a big pot of slow cooker oatmeal ever week and my husband and I eat off of it for our breakfasts. I usually have to add all the “fixin’s” to it in the morning. So, why not make it one time with the fixin’s already added? Ah hah! I spy “lazy girl”! Here’s my solution – a all natural, no sugar, vegan breakfast that is filling and a healthy way to start your day!
Slow Cooker Berry Banana Oatmeal
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- 3-5 dates (depending on how sweet you prefer your oatmeal. I used 3, but I don’t like my oats overly sweet)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal (optional)
- 1 tea cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Put half the water and all the dates in a blender or food processor. Puree the dates until they are fully integrated into the water.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook 3-5 hours until the oats are completely done and it’s all warm and bubbly.
- Serve immediately or put it in the fridge and scoop a bit out every day to reheat for breakfast.
- If you’d like, top with additional fresh berries and slivered almonds.