I made this recipe as an appetizer for a small party I hosted recently. It was quick, easy and tasted delicious.
Thank you, Pinterest (most addicting site ever!) for the idea.
Almond Poppy Crackers with Ricotta and Honey
Recipe based on Whole Living
Makes 1 dozen. Serves 6
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (bobsredmill.com)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
For the Topping:
- 3/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, poppy seeds, oil, salt, and egg white.
- Transfer mixture to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with parchment; roll out dough to an 8-by-12-inch rectangle (approx 1/8 inch thick). Uncover, and cut into twelve 2-by-4-inch crackers using a paring knife.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool.
- Spread with ricotta cheese. Drizzle with honey.
Nutrition (approx): 285 cal, 18g fat, 19 carb, 3 fiber, 10g protein