I call this my “power meal”! It’s an all-in-one meal and a power house of healthy ingredients, quinoa, kale, avocado. It’s high in protein, low in bad fats, high in good fats and straight up FILLING and DELICIOUS. Oh, and to make it even better… It’s super quick and easy!
I usually keep all the ingredients on hand and make more than I need and eat this for dinners and lunches for a few days. It’s my new favorite meal!
Here’s how I do it:
Quick (15 min) Quinoa Kale Bowl
- 2 cups kale, cleaned & coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup cooked black beans, rinsed & drained
- 2/3 cup quinoa, cooked according to directions on the package (any color will work, I usually use red)
- 2/3 cup pre-made fresh pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 avocado, cut into cubes
- Sea or kosher salt to taste
- Make the quinoa according to packaged directions. Heat your beans (on the stove or in the microwave for 1-2 minutes). Steam the quinoa (in a steamer or 2 minutes in the microwave, covered)
- Divide all ingredients except avocado and salt into two bowls and stir until just combined. Season to taste, top with fresh avocado, and serve.
Nutrition (approx): 300 cal, 7g fat, 43 carb, 9 fiber, 16g protein