Lately I’ve been obsessed with arugula. It has that perfectly peppery zing that really appeals to me and makes a great backdrop for a variety of other ingredients. My most recent uses are on my faux bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado sandwiches on wheat lavash and this poached egg salad (thanks to Alton Brown – I finally learned how to properly poach an egg!) The slightly runny egg yolk creates a natural, creamy dressing, adding a decadent warmth to the spicy arugula. It’s really fast and easy!
Arugula and poached egg salad
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp agave nectar
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 sheet whole wheat lavash, cut in half
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk mustard, agave nectar, and vinegar together. Add oil and whisk, combining well.
- Poach the eggs (see link above for excellent directions and tips)
- Toss arugula with dressing.
- Place half of the arugula over each lavash. Sprinkle goat cheese over each. Top with poached egg, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.