I wish I could take credit for these tasty morsels, but alas, I cannot. My friend found this amazing recipe on AllRecipes.com and made them for our co-hosted tea party. They were sugary morsels of bliss with their crunchy sugared outsides, soft insides speckled with mini chocolate chips and of course the black raspberry jelly over the top. Mmmm… Good!
Sugared Black Raspberry Tea Cookies
Makes approx 36 cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) jar black raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with brown sugar and 1/3 cup white sugar. Blend in the vanilla and milk. Mix in the flour and corn starch. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into 1 inch balls, and roll in the remaining white sugar. Place on the prepared cookie sheet, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Use your finger or thumb to press straight down into the center of each ball, making a well for the jam. Neatly fill each cookie with a small amount of jam.
- Bake in preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are just beginning to turn golden around the edges. Let cookies cool before eating.