I recently discovered these fabulous little uncooked flour tortillas by Tortilla Land at Costco. Since they come in massive bulk sizes, I usually buy them and freeze half. The other half, I use to make quesadillas and other random things. For example, this broccoli cheese quiche. The raw tortilla makes the perfect shell.
Broccoli Quiche in Tortilla Shell
- 2 uncooked tortillas
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup milk (or half/half)
- Preheat overn to 350
- Lightly spray a medium/large sized ramekin (about 6″). Press one tortilla in each, pressing the ruffled edges down to create a nice cavern. Mix the eggs with milk.
- Sprinkle about 1/3 cup cheddar cheese and half of the broccoli in the bottom of the ramekin. Pour egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the tops.
- Loosely cover the ramekins with foil.
- Bake about 30 mins. Remove the foil and continue to bake another 20 minutes or until a toothpick or wooden spear comes out clean.
I served it with some fresh waffles and berries. A fabulous Saturday morning brunch!